This tooth replacement treatment consists of a row of plastic replacement teeth attached to a plastic or metal & plastic base that matches your gum color.
- This tooth replacement treatment consists a row of
replacement teeth attached to a mold of a special material that matches your gum color.
- This option is reasonably priced and easy to obtain.
- Custom sets can usually be made in just a few weeks.
- Allows for improved functionality without surgery or significantly altering the structure of surrounding teeth.
- Dentures can be uncomfortable sometimes.
- Dentures are the least natural looking option.
- Dentures do not halt the process of bone deterioration that can happen when teeth are missing over many years.
- Over time, denture wear can result in a sunken facial appearance and premature wrinkles around the mouth.
- Replacement is necessary every 5-10 years.
- Some patients have difficulty speaking clearly and enjoying some of their favorite foods (like whole apples or corn on the cob).